The Bulldogs made a strong effort and were ahead by one point seven minutes into the game, but couldn't keep up the pace and fell further and further behind to an eventual 86-54 win for the Cardinal.
The Cardinal responded to the struggle on the inside with a great game from the outside tonight. They took almost half their shots from beyond the arc and made 41% of them.
Taylor (who started tonight) made four of nine 3-point attempts and scored a total of 18 points, matching her career-high. She also matched her career-high rebounds (six) and had two assists and a steal.
Amber sank three of five 3-pointers, scored 15 points, dished out six assists, had zero turnovers, and stole the ball three times.
Bonnie sank four of six 3-pointers and scored 14 points.
The twelfth 3-pointer came from an unlikely source — Mikaela! It was the fourth one of her career. She also had a career-high eight assists, seven rebounds, a block and a steal.
Briana played for seven minutes. She was fast and decisive on offense, fast and pesky on defense, and scored her first collegiate point on a free throw.
Neither Karlie nor Sara suited up tonight.
Here are game reports and commentary:
- Ogwumike leads Stanford women to rout of Fresno St by David White (Associated Press)
- Fresno State women's basketball team routed at home by No. 4 Stanford by Bryant-Jon Anteola (Fresno Bee)
- Stanford Rolls Past Bulldogs, the game recap from Stanford Athletics
- Women's Hoops Falls to No. 4 Stanford, the game recap from Fresno State Athletics
- Worth the drive to Fresno by Wally Mersereau, FBC traveller
- WBB: Stanford 86 Fresno State 54 from the CARDboard
Stanford-Fresno postgame notes from Stanford Athletics
A gallery of photos by Cary Edmondson (USA TODAY Sports),
A gallery of photos from Fresno State Athletics,
And photos by Gary Kazanjian (Associated Press):