January 16, 2009

Ros , a work in progress

Elliott Almond (Mercury News) writes about Ros at point guard being a work in progress. She's been known for her tough defense all season, but now the Cardinal is relying on her to be their leader.

Speaking of Ros' extended responsibilities, Tara said, "We're taking a running back and saying, 'You're the quarterback now.' ... Ros is doing it. " Read more...

Another article from the Mercury News reports Ros' comments on Sunday's showdown against Cal and her life as Stanford's point guard:
  • On playing against Cal:"I'm really looking forward to this game ... This is a defining game for our team."

  • On Stanford's recent game against Washington: "What made us so on the money was the energy. We have not been playing like that this whole season ... We are so amped, we're so electric right now."

  • On Washington not respecting her shooting ability: ""I guess if you were looking at the stat sheet you would sag off of me. I didn't even know I made three threes. I thought I was 0 for 700 ... "

  • On playing point guard: "It is the hardest position on the court ... break the press and read the defense and you tell me where I need to be and maybe I'll shoot it, maybe I'll pass, whatever."
And much more...

No comments: