June 29, 2009

Photos from Belgrade

It's day four in Belgrade, Serbia for the 2009 USA Women's World University Games Team. After three practices and a tour of the city cut short by a rain storm, catch up with the team in this photo gallery.

Jeanette says, "I think we are growing and improving every day. We are getting to know each other better and learn all the different tendencies on the court."

Alexis says, "When we are in the bus, one of my main things is looking out the window. It's so different from where we come from."

Kayla says, "I'm just having a lot of fun. You wake up every day, you play basketball, you are around all these different people, it's just a totally neat experience. I would say the hardest part is getting sleep. It's hard to pinpoint the coolest thing about this experience, but I would say it's being around all the athletes from different countries. It's surprising how many people know English."

No comments: