April 17, 2010

USA Basketball scrimmage

The USA Basketball National Team and Select Team practiced again yesterday, then scrimmaged together last night.

Geno thought, "It went kind of predictable. The national team players, with their experience, their savvy, being there before, were able to take advantage of the younger guys to a certain extent. [The younger players] are still a little bit antsy, but they’re going to be okay. I was impressed by how hard they work."

This is what Kayla had to say:

On scrimmaging against USA Women’s National Team players:
I thought it was a lot of fun. It was great to get on the floor with those people that I have watched not my entire life, but throughout college, and run up and down a little bit and get some shots up; it was a lot of fun.

How do you feel you played?
Not too well. I would have liked to have done a little more. I’m just bummed that I missed that game-winning shot I had at the end of the scrimmage.

Was scrimmaging against national team players what you expected?
Yeah, I mean they are all incredible talented players, and you have to play all of them. You have to guard all of them at this level. I don’t think it was too much for us rookies to handle, so I’m really looking forward to playing against them again tomorrow.

Here is the full report from USA Basketball and a photo gallery of the practice sessions.

No comments: