September 11, 2011

Tara receives Phyllis Bailey Career Achievement Award

Tara received the Phyllis Bailey Career Achievement Award from Ohio State's Varsity "O" Women's Alumnae Society as part of the school's Hall of Fame Induction Weekend.

The award pays tribute to those who have contributed to the honor and fame of Ohio State University through the field of athletics by continuing to demonstrate, in their daily lives, the values learned in intercollegiate athletics and have continued the advancement of women's athletics.

The award has particular significance for Tara, who said, "Receiving this award is a very special honor, and holds very special meaning to me. Phyllis Bailey gave me my first job in collegiate basketball at Ohio State. When I was beginning my coaching career, I wrote letters to the top 20 programs, and only heard back from two. Ohio State was one of those two schools, and Phyllis wrote back and offered me a position at Ohio State as assistant coach and the junior varsity head coach."

Read more...

No comments: