April 09, 2008

End of the dream

If you don't have the heart to read game reports, DO read what Candice said after the game:
"It would hurt me to let one game ruin the spirit of our team. In my mind we won the national championship because of how we got here. I feel we've won so much more than we've lost. I'm going to remember how I felt about this team, not how we played in the national championship game."

"I think we should celebrate our season. To win the way we did, we did it right. And I'm so proud of this group."
Be at Maples this afternoon, if you can, to welcome the team home and show them how you feel about them and their wonderful season.

No. 4 Stanford Falls to No. 3 Tennessee in National Championship Game from the Associated Press

Stanford women's dream season ends as nightmare by Scott Ostler (SF Chronicle)

For Stanford, a dream season nonetheless by Ann Killion (Mercury News)

Wiggins' run ends, but future still bright for Cardinal by Graham Hays (ESPN)

Stanford women fall in Final Four hoop finale by Rick Eymer (Palo Alto Online)

AP photo gallery

The box score and play-by-play

No comments: