April 06, 2009

End of a season to be proud of

Tara summed it up in the postgame interview,
I'd like to just extend my congratulations to Stanford and to especially Jill and Jayne being up here, having just a fabulous season, a team I'm really proud of. And I really liked how our team battled. This was a very tough night for us. Our team, especially with the leadership of Jill and Jayne, competed for 40 minutes and represented themselves and our team and our university in a way that I'm exceedingly proud of.

1 comment:

Cyd Crampton said...

Just now back from St. Louis and am getting to read the comments and articles on the game Sunday night. There was a point in the game where Jayne picked up two quick fouls and I got very concerned that she was trying to foul her way out of an embarrassing blowout. Low and behold, she hung in there and Stanford was able to take back over ten points of that lead. I think the thing that will change for Stanford next year is that they will prevent these crushing runs that forced them into the position of catch-up. Clearly, no one else in UConn's schedule was able to prevent it, but I think our braintrust will find a way and with another year of experience for such a young team, we will succeed. I am tremendously proud of this team. Don't think I could be more so.